Serving 10 portion
- 5 pcs white tofu/ Chinese tofu
- 50gr finely grated carrots
- 1/2 medium cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 stalk finely chopped scallions
- 100 gr wheat flour (all-purpose)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 150 ml water
- 2 garlic, finely chop
- 2 shallots, finely chop
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Stir in the flour, cornstarch, and salt. Add water, stir until evenly distributed, adjust the taste. Set aside this flour mixture.
- Cut the tofu obliquely, then scrape the white part. Set aside.
- Saute ground spices until fragrant and cooked.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, and tofu filling (the white part of the tofu has been set aside), cook until the vegetables are cooked. Add the scallions, salt, sugar, and pepper, stir until evenly distributed. Adjust the taste, set aside.
- Heat a lot of oil on the stove.
- Fill the tofu with stir-fried vegetables, then put it directly into the flour mixture. Fry directly in hot oil over medium heat, until cooked. Drain well.
- Serve while hot
- If you want spicy tofu, you can add sliced cayenne pepper in stir-fried vegetables (tofu stuffing).
- Use the deep frying method.
- Never use silk tofu.