Serving 6 portion
- 400 gr rice
- 600 ml coconut milk
- 3 bay leaf
- 1 lemongrass, crushed
- 2 cm ginger, crushed
- 2 cm galangal
- 6 shallots, thin sliced
- Salt to taste
- Wash the rice thoroughly, then steam until half cooked, set aside.
- Boil the coconut milk. Add bay leaf, ginger, galangal, and salt, cook until boiling. Add the rice, stir and then turn off the heat.
- Keep stirring until the coconut milk is completely absorbed. Steam the rice for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Fried shallots until golden brown.
- Topped rice with fried shallot as a garnish
- Cooking rice can use a rice cooker, just like cooking regular rice. Only, the water is replaced with coconut milk.
- A side dish for nasi uduk is perfect when served with an omelet or fried chicken or fried/grilled fish and other seafood.