Serve 4 portion
- 1.5 kg chicken
- 2.5 L water
- 2 fresh lemongrass, smashed and tie
- 3 kafir lime leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 300gr vermicelli, boil till soften. Put aside in cold water, shake the water before serving
- 2 pcs fresh lime or lemon, cut into wedges. Put aside. Use the juice for the dressing on top of the soup before serving
- 2 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 5 shallots, thinly sliced and fried until brow
- 4 boiled eggs cut into 4 wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 5 shallots or red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cm fresh turmeric
- 1 cm fresh ginger
- 150 ml vegetable oil/ sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon white peppercorns powder
- 5 shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 fresh tomatoes cut into wedges
- Shrimps cracker or emping cracker (optional)
- Boil Chicken with water, lemongrass, kafir lime leaf, and bay leaf. Bring to boil and medium-low heat for 45 minutes. Skim the foam. Set aside the chicken and broth. Shredded chicken.
- Blend with blender machine. Add oil, garlic, shallot or red onion, ginger, turmeric, coriander seed, and cumin until smooth (yellow paste).
- Add oil in the saucepan, bring into heat, add yellow paste cook until fragrant, and stir well for 5-8 minutes.
- Add lemongrass, kafir lime leaf, bay leaf, and stir for the next 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth that we made before, add salt and pepper to taste, and bring it to boil.
- Put in the vermicelli, shredded chicken into a bowl.
- Add the soup
- topped with tomatoes, hard boil egg, fried shallot, sliced spring onion, and emping crackers or shrimp crackers.
Soto Ayam can serve as a breakfast, lunch, or dinner. But the best time is after we got hungover to giving freshness to our body. Also very best served during the winter season. If you don’t like chicken you can also change it with pork or beef.