The term raclette comes from the name of the utensil traditionally used to collect the cheese as it melts on the wheel next to the fireplace.
- 1kg of raclette cheese
- 1.2kg of potatoes (preferably Roseval)
- 12 slices of Bayonne ham
- 100g of smoked duck fillets
- 100g of Bündnerfleisch
- 12 slices of rosette
- 1 jar of gherkins
- 1 jar of small onions in vinegar
- Wash the potatoes, cover them with cold salted water and cook them with the skin on for about 25 minutes at a rolling boil. Check for doneness, drain and keep warm.
- Arrange the slices of raclette cheese on a plate.
- Arrange the meat on another plate and divide the gherkins and onions into bowls.
- Place your raclette machine in the centre of the table and preheat it.
- Place the potato dish on top of the raclette machine and serve the meat, cheese and condiments separately.
- Enjoy the melted cheese with potatoes, meats and condiments to taste.