They made for a hearty, filling, and guilt-free dinner that your whole family will enjoy. You’ll definitely want to give this recipe a try!
- small zucchini (about 4 oz each) 1 tsp.
- olive oil 1 c.
- ricotta cheese 1/4 c.
- fresh goat cheese 1 tbsp.
- finely grated lemon zest 1/4 c.
- grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Kosher salt and pepper 1/2 c.
- peas, thawed if frozen 1
- scallion, finely chopped 2 tbsp.
- fresh mint, chopped
- Mixed green salad, for serving
- optional: olives
Place a small rimmed baking sheet in the oven and heat to 475°F. (Baking sheet should stay in the oven at least 10 minutes.) Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and, using a teaspoon, hollow out each half, saving insides for another use. Brush cut sides with oil, then place on the heated baking sheet, cut sides down. Roast 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix together ricotta, goat cheese, lemon zest, 2 Tbsp Parmesan, and ½ tsp each salt and pepper; fold in peas, scallion, and mint.
Divide mixture among zucchini shells (about 1/4 cup each). Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp Parmesan and broil until tops are beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with salad if desired.