Pumpkin is a perfect food for feeding in autumn and in winter. Besides the classical use for making delicious soups or the practical cooking in the oven, the flesh is very suitable for the preparation of special cakes!
Rich in vitamins A and B, this food has very important nutritional properties for the organism. As a matter of fact pumpkin is low on sodium and fats, but rich in fibers and minerals, such as iron, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium. It’s know for its diuretic property and the intestinal regulation, making it the perfect ally for the diet (especially after these holidays).
There are several types of pumpkin, ans so are the uses you can make of it in the kitchen. This recipe is a light and tasty pumpkin cake with chocolate!
Ingredients (8 portions)
- 100 grams of whole flour
- 100 grams of wheat flour
- 200 grams of pumpkin (raw and peeled)
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 egg whites
- about 60 ml of skimmed milk
- 30 grams of honey
- 1 tbsp (about 10 grams) of cocoa powder
- baking powder
- Steam the pumpkin or cook it in the oven until it becomes soft enough to be mashed with a fork.
- Mash the banana with a fork too and add it to the pumpkin. In the meanwhile, heat the oven at 180°C.
- Mix with all the other ingredients, adding at first sifted flours and the other dried ingredients, then the liquid ones. Add the quantity of milk based on the consistency and finally the baking powder.
- Cook for 20 minutes in the ventilated oven.
- Once ready, you can decorate the cake by adding some peanut butter or some dark chocolate chips. Another suggestion is to fill it with some jam or yogurt.
If you want to try other recipes, check our website and if you like it, SHARE IT!