The best thing about a good porridge (a traditionnal english meal) is that it’s one of the most versatile and complete dishes that you can make. It’s perfect for breakfast, but also at lunch or for dinner if you prefer a savoury version. It takes only a very few minutes to prepare. You can enjoy it cold by preparing the mixture in the evening and storing it in the fridge for one night. In the summer (once ready), you can even keep it in the freezer for a couple hours and remove it ten minutes before eating it: it’ll have the consistency of an ice-cream!
The recipe is extremely customizable according to your tastes, but there’s only one necessary ingredient: oats! You can cook it using milk, plant milk, egg whites to make it more creamy or simply water. And to decorate it, nothing better than some fresh fruit, honey, maple syrup, walnuts, dried fruit or butters.
Here I made a super easy and fast version of an overnight oatmeal that you can make the night before and that doesn’t require cooking!
- 70 grams of neutral or flavoured oatmeal
- 1 rape banana
- 1 tbsp (about 10 grams) of unsweetened cocoa powder
- about 220 ml of milk, soy milk, plant milk or water (that’s up to you)
- peanut butter
- dried fruit (almonds, walnuts, etc.)
- hazelnuts’ and/or pistachios’ grains
- Mash the banana with a fork until it becomes a soft pulp.
- Add the oatmeal and the cocoa powder.
- Add your liquid of choice until you reach the consistency that you want and blend all the ingredients very well. Keep in mind that during the night most of the liquid will be absorbed, so I suggest to add a little more to the quantity you’ve chosen. Remember: less liquid you add, the more dense the porridge will be!
- Cover and keep in the fridge for one night.
- In the morning, take it out from the fridge e decorate it as you want, then enjoy without reheating it!
Do you want to read other recipes? Check our website and if you like it, SHARE IT!