The beauty about Halloween is that creativity has no boundaries when it comes to making deserts, cocktails and snacks. Basically you can let your inner child to decorate and make everything colorful and spookylicious.
As it is the perfect occasion for your imagination to make a statement, this recipe is about creating colorful cookies in little time, because Halloween preparations are many and attentions to details is important, especially if you have your friends over.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 6 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Food dye in 3 colors (like green, blue, and pink)
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- Candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs, powdered sugar and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Divide dough between 3 bowls and dye each bowl a different color. (We used green, blue and pink.) Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls then roll balls in the sugar.
- Place about 2” apart on the baking sheet and bake until tops have cracked and the tops look set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately, while the cookies are still warm, stick candy eyeballs all over the cookies. Let cool completely before serving.