Barbecue or Barbacoa in Spanish is an overly popular cooking technique that we’re all familiar with in one way or the other.
With simplicity being the core factor in this recipe, oven baking makes sure that this dish practically cooks itself. Chicken being the prime ingredient (that can also be substituted with pork ribs depending on your palette preference or religious restriction) that is tastefully combined with a self prepared no-cook barbecue sauce to give that fantastic familiar taste of BBQ chicken at the convenience of preparation in the comfort of your home.
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Molasses
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Hot Sauce
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2½ tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1.5 kgs Chicken, Skin on, Bone in
Insatiable Hunger to Have BBQ
- Preheat the over to a scorching 400 degrees Celsius.
- Gently grease a baking sheet or a pan.
- In a bowl or a blender, combine the tomato sauce, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, Cajun seasoning, paprika, and garlic.
- Mix up the sauce ingredients vigorously until they become a smooth puree.
- Transfer half of the sauce into a separate bowl and reserve it for later. Brush the remaining sauce onto the chicken pieces according to preference.
- Place chicken pieces into prepared baking sheet or pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, take out the chicken and flip all pieces and baste with reserved sauce. Continue baking for another 20 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of about 90 degrees Celsius.
- Switch the oven to broiler setting and broil, 2 to 3 minutes until sauce caramelizes.
- Serve hot. (Try not to burn your fingers)
- Enjoy it with your favorite chilled brew.
Enjoy! More recipes? Check the rest of them! Do you like our website? Share it!