Peppers originate from Central America and was brought to Europe around 1500 by Spaniards. After Spain and Portugal in Europe, it was initially mainly Italy where the peppers were appreciated as a crop. The pepper is a healthy vegetable that can be eaten every day. The amount of vitamin C is high, with the red pepper twice as much vitamin C as the green pepper. The red pepper is also sweeter. 100 grams of pepper contains over 200% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C.
Ingredients (for 2 persons)
- Two peppers
- 250 gr minced meat
- 1.5 tsp sambal
- 1 tsp of Italian herbs
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 t oregano
- ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 100 Italian stir-fry vegetables
- butter oil
- Remove the top part of the pointed peppers in the length.
- Remove the seed lines from the peppers.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Season the minced meat with the Italian herbs, oregano, basil, and pepper
- Heat the butter oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the spiced minced with the meat in it. Add the Italian stir-fry mix.
- Add the sambal and pesto after a few minutes.
- Heat this until it almost boils and then add the cherry tomatoes for 1 minute.
- Fill the peppers with this.
- Optional: Sprinkle the cheese over the peppers. Put the peppers in the oven for 10 minutes so that the cheese melts and turns brown.
More recipes? Check the rest of them! Do you like our website? Share it!