Lavender Ice Cream
If you want a hint of spring during summer and feel like you’re having a floral scent at the lavender fields of South of France, then this ice cream flavor in the way to go. You will go on holidays only by the means of a spoon. Another alternative can be violet ice cream for a fancier outcome.
- 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon lavender buds (dried)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cups blackberries (mashed)
- Step1: Begin by creating the lavender infusion. Warm the milk over medium-low heat in a small saucepan until the milk is just beginning to simmer. Lower the heat to low, add the dried lavender buds and let the buds rest in the milk over low heat for approximately 5 minutes. Pour this mixture into a small bowl and cover with a sheet of plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cool.
- Step 2: In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk the heavy whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the vanilla extract, then continue to whisk on high speed until stiffer peaks form.
- Step 3: Add the sweetened condensed milk to the whipped cream, and gently fold the condensed milk into the cream using a rubber spatula.
- Step 4: Strain the lavender milk using a sieve, tossing the lavender buds away, leaving the infused milk to be used. Add this milk to the whipped cream-condensed milk batter. Add in the mashed blackberries. Gently stir everything together to combine.
- Step 5: Pour the batter into a loaf pan, then directly cover with a sheet of plastic wrap. Freeze until firm (about 4 hours).